Content is the lifeblood of your digital strategy: it's how you'll influence decision making, drive conversion, and maintain your search engine positioning. Don't leave your content strategy to chance.
Our approach to content is insights-based and outcome-focused. It starts with building an understanding of your audience through audience research, identifying their decision criteria, and crafting content that speaks directly to them at key points in their decision cycle.
Content is for your audience, not for your internal stakeholders
Organizations often take an internally-focused approach to copywriting; they have a tendency to write about themselves rather than writing for their users. We can help you avoid this trap and ensure that your audience needs are understood and content is successful in influencing decision making.
Knowing your Audience
We learn about your audience through:
- Analytics and search behavior / SEO research
- Quantitative market research
- Qualitative research: surveys, focus groups, etc
User personas are profiles of people who represent each of your audience segments. The persona outlines their needs, expectations, and browsing behavior. User personas establish a much more real, humanizing look at the people who make up your audience, and they allow us to make better decisions regarding content and user experience.
Conversion Funnel Definition
- Identifies high value decision making factors
- Defines key points in the conversion funnel the website will support
- Develops specific messaging to drive users toward website conversion
- Created for each main audience group, product type, and/or service type
For each key audience group, solution, or product line, the messaging map outlines how to organize your content to influence decision making and provide maximum value to the visitor.
User journeys provide a visual representation of the sequence of content that different user personas will encounter as they move through the site. The user journey establishes how the site will actually meet the needs of our various user personas, by detailing which content they will be presented with at each phase of their journey through the site.
Content prescriptions are page-level recommendations for the content and structure of key pages on the website. They provide specific direction for copywriters; the prescriptions ensure that the final version of the page is based directly on the above content recommendations and insights. The content prescriptions directly inform the UX design for a website.
- The relevant content components/assets to be utilized on the page (e.g. introductory text, headings, bulleted lists, accordions, photo galleries), and in what order they should be presented;
- A list of page headings;
- Page title and meta tags;
- Keywords and phrases to incorporate into content;
- Specific guidance for copywriters/content creators to follow when crafting the new page;
- Recommendations for content density and length.