We are always on the lookout for talented, bold, adaptable leaders and practitioners to join our growing team.
We’re interested in meeting designers to collaborate with us on a variety of branding and digital projects in the B2B, consumer, higher education, arts & culture, and product design spaces.
At Eastern Standard, Designers create visual solutions for branding, print, and web projects that are strategic, appropriate, and aesthetically pleasing. As dedicated members of our team, they focus on their craft, openly give and receive feedback, and maintain a positive attitude. This people-oriented position requires working collaboratively with clients as well as internal creative, strategy, and development teams.
A minimum of 2 years designing in an agency setting is required.
- Possesses a strong command of visual design principles, typography, color, and grids
- Understands project objectives and is prepared to explain and validate all choices
- Manages multiple projects from concept through completion
- Works confidently and collaboratively with producers, strategists, and creative leadership to meet project requirements and exceed client expectations.
- Provides design support for client projects as well as internal marketing and promotional needs.
- Maintains current working knowledge and proficiency in Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, and other industry-standard design tools.
What We Believe:
Eastern Standard is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with an environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Eastern Standard are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by Philadelphia law or federal regulations. Eastern Standard is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through equal opportunity, transparency and non-discrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Eastern Standard encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
Sound like a fit?
If this opportunity sounds like a fit, please send an email to jobs [at] easternstandard [dot] com with "Contract Designer” in the subject line. Include a brief statement about why you are interested in this position, a digital portfolio/website, and a résumé in PDF format. Any submission sent without these elements will not be considered.
Senior developers are charged with being strategically-minded, collaborative team members. The senior web developer is expected to work directly on deep/complicated technical issues, provide assistance to junior or mid-level developers, and generally help improve and inform development processes and workflows. We value best practice approaches to our development work, close communication with strategy and design teams through the project lifecycle, and challenging our development team to do their best work.
You’ll help set the standard for our development practice, and play an integral role in project architecture and implementation crafting well-architected code to meet custom project requirements.
- Assist in (if not carry out independently) full website builds
- Work on building, testing, debugging, troubleshooting, and refactoring of new and existing code, front- and back-end
- Troubleshoot issues related to front-end and back-end of CMS systems such as Drupal and WordPress
- Communicate with internal project teams and clients clearly and effectively regarding technical requirements, limitations, risks, and proposed solutions
- Practice and assist in encouragement of best practices with respect to code and workflow
- Coordinate with front-end and back-end developers to implement/integrate code
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new or existing projects
- Meet with designers early in the project to audit design mockups for practicality and responsiveness
- Identify back-end requirements to meet the needs of the complete user experience
- Collaborate with our UX team to shape the end user experience
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of 5 years working professionally as a web developer
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both the internal team and clients
- Extensive experience with object-oriented code in PHP and/or Ruby
- Deep functional understanding of web requests (e.g. HTTP protocol/AJAX)
- Strong knowledge of git / version control
- High degree of competency with UNIX terminal/command line
- Experience working on large-scale, custom website builds
- Commitment to best practices and well-organized code
- High degree of competency with compilation tools such as grunt and gulp
- Exceptional communication/interpersonal/presentation skills
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to quality
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and creatively solve problems
What We Provide:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Retirement savings plan with employer matching
- Fully covered employee health insurance plan
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 8 paid holidays annually
- Profit-sharing/bonus program
- Individual recognition bonuses
- Paid parental leave
- Dental and Vision insurance policies
- Life insurance policy
- Long-term disability policy
- (Healthcare) Flexible spending account
- Bi-weekly Lunch & Learns (free lunch and a learning topic chosen by team members)
- Company-paid conferences and other professional development opportunities
- Blog post opportunities (writing opportunities)
- Commuter benefits
- Casual, collaborative, and creative work environment
Sound Like a Fit?
Please send an email to jobs [at] easternstandard [dot] com with "Senior Web Developer" in the subject line. Include a brief statement about why you are interested in this position, a link to your portfolio and code samples (if applicable), and a resume in PDF format.